Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, October 9, 2009

Sam's Conference Weekend Suprise...

Last weekend was the 179th Semi-Annual General Conference for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I always look forward to Conference for the uplifting guidance from our church leaders, Apostles and our Prophet, Thomas S. Monson. If you want to listen to or read the Conference, go here:

Anyway, the fun begins here... I LOVED waking up and listening to Conference in my Pj's on our new sectional!
Sam loves it too- we're constantly fighting over the coveted end section, and during conference I won that battle! However, it didn't take Sam too long before he got really comfy and fell asleep. I kept trying to wake him up, but alas, the powerful low voices of our wonderful leaders were just the perfect lullabye...
I decided that if he was going to fall asleep during one of the most important times of the year- he'd have to suffer the consequences. I busted out one of my old tricks (for my old roomate Allie and my buddy Brett, this will bring back FOND memories)!

Yes, it's bright orange. Believe me- I could hardly contain my snickering laughter- and he almost woke up during his relaxing treatment!

You're probably thinking, "I can't believe she would risk getting wet nail polish on her new sectional!" Well, the sectional was fine- and it was WAY too much fun to worry about that! As for Sam's reaction? He woke up and took a nice long stretch... when he looked down- that relaxing stretch was abruptly ended as quick as a rubber band could snap! He demanded I take it off, but I kind of waited a while to bust out the nail polish remover. I think President Thomas S. Monson could use this in his next conference talk, what do you think?





16 comments:

Melissa said...

Devanie-that is hilarious! Sam knows you are full of surprises and I bet he loves that about you and wasn't mad for long. I love your new sectional-it's beautiful.

Fleming Family said...

That is hilarious! Serves him right! Haha!

Natalie said...

SO funny Dev! I'll keep this in mind for the future. I love the sectional!

Clint and Gillian said...

this is the FUNNIEST thing I've ever seen...love this dev!! :)

Sheena and Brian's Family said...

Bahahaaa- love it :D

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

haha..you are too clever dev. love the sectional.

heather and ronnie said...

Love your new sectional!! oh and sam so deserved that...hehe.

Bournes said...

Devanie :) You're funny. I tried something similar last year when Phil was falling asleep but was less successful. I tried to draw a mustache on his face with marker...as you can guess he woke up. I'll try the nail polish next time. Less nerves on the toe nails :) Funny funny.

Kendall said...

You're my new favorite, Devanie.

Kadie Kinney said...

That's hilarious! I'll make sure to tell Sam his toes are so pretty next time we hang out. And I love the sectional too!

Unknown said...

Love the sectional, love the polish. I want to know, how did you get a picture of you painting them? I can't believe he didn't wake up.

Julie said...

ha ha! love it. You're so cute Devanie I'm sure Sam won't be falling asleep during confrence again. or at least he'll remember what happened last time. WAY TO GO DEVANIE!

Nick and Jules said...

Oh Devanie! I knew I clicked on your blog for a reason today! I totally needed that random laugh! Gage came in and had to read it too! Hillarious! Sam...love your toes in bright orange! And I love your sweet couch too! Love you guys!

Daniel, Laura, Danagan and Baby Piper said...

ooh, We are shopping for a sectional, Any advice? We are lost with all the choices out there!

BTW I love the nails!

Toes on the Nose said...

That's awesome! I am debating if I should let Doug see this post and have it exposed to all of Hogan that Sam has his toenails painted. I love the new sectional. What became of the beloved loveseat?

Ashley Schill said...

Oh Dev I miss you so much! that is hilarious that you painted Sam's toes. I can only imagine how shocked he was when he woke up. I am going to keep that one in mind for the future! Love you!