Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, January 15, 2010

Maybe the best idea. Ever.

Do you remember the cartoon, Lady Lovely Locks? Well, I used to be a big fan, infact, one of my favorite dolls was Lady Golden Waves. I found her spontanious ability to turn herself into a mermaid at her leisure and fancy quite impressive! Anywho, I think I may have done the unpardonable... It appears that I have successfully vacuumed up every Lovely-Lockian in the Kingdom. Hence the fact that my vacuum has been broken 2 times in the last 2 years! Ok, so the dolls are just an excuse- it's all MY fault! But, when you have bodacious locks like mine, you have to deal with the consequences! Well, at least my vacuum and Sam do.Just check out these taunting tresses people!!! (Yes- I'm frowning. Wouldn't you if your vacuum was broken?!!!)
So I had to get creative- there has to be a way to get MOST of the hair off of my floor before I vacuum, right? I got to thinking, if my coat has hair all over it, I use a lint roller! So- I have concluded to make my own GIANT lint roller. I know- genious! So I go to the hardware store to collect the following items:

A painter's extender...
and a roll of enormous duct tape.
I already had a paint roller at home, so I took that...
attached it to the extender...
wrapped it with the duct tape... (sticky side out!) and rolled around my house like a crazy person! Look how GROSS!!!! Well, my vacuum HAS been broken for a couple of weeks people. But it WORKS! I might just have to start doing a quick roll through before I vacuum every week once the old sucking broom gets fixed! Anywho, just a neccessary creative moment- I hope you enjoyed the awkwardness of my life!

17 comments:

Unknown said...

GENIUS Dev! I just stumbled across your blog from your FB comment - I LOVE IT! You are such a talented and funny writer! I have it bookmarked and I will now be looking forward to your next post...pressure's on ;)

J/K!

- Tarrah

Kaitlyn said...

BRILLIANT, I love when i get creative and resourceful

Meagan said...

K, first, you look great! :) Your hair is so pretty. And I love your invention and creative thinking. lol. It's hilarious. But it worked, right?! Miss you guys.

Sara Hammond said...

That is awesome. I wonder if it would work to get the flat, black fuzzies from DH's socks that the vacuum struggles with...Hmmm...

cbleeflang said...

That is so funny, gross and such a great idea! I am still giggling.

Mama Mote said...

You should patent this, Devanie. I need to try that and get MY hair up from the rug. I had a vacuum cleaner - an ORECK, no less - and it just died every time it tried to clean up my hair. And to take it apart to clean that out was so time-consuming. Thanks for the idea. Gotta try it.

Natalie said...

Haha, the brush on our vacuum has been broken for a month now and I'm so tired of using the hose, I might try this out! And your hair looks gorgeous, I hope you guys are doing well!

Melissa said...

Ha ha ha! You are so funny Devanie! You have always been able to come up with great ideas for lots of things so I am not surprised that you came up with such a clever and useful gadget. LOVE your hair too-so beautiful. Hope you are doing well-I miss you!

Laura said...

1.) I had those same Lady Lovely Locks Dolls!
2.) YOUR locks are lovely!
3.) You're also brilliant!

heather and ronnie said...

haha Dev...good thinking! There are some stories I will never forget...one is Ali and your hair in the bathroom...need I say more. :)

Tiffany said...

Love it! I'm in my "post-prego" shed and the vacuum is not cutting it :)

Amy and Nathan said...

Love it! Always so creative!!

B said...

you
re
fab.

like
really.

glad you're back to blogging.
i've missed you.
b

Nick and Jules said...

a...you are flippin hillarious!
b...my hair is all over the place too.
c...You have far too much time on your hands

Love you!

Allie Hite said...

Um, as your former roommate, yes there is hair everywhere! Also I can't wait to see you today!

Unknown said...

I need to try this

Stephanie said...

That is very clever!! Bet it would work really good on furniture for pet hair too.