Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Hangin' wit da boyz

So. last weekend was all about Sam! We had some of his buddies over on Friday night that he sold pest control with down in San Antonio; Daniel Woodall and Tyler White. We played Settlers of Zarahemla, the card game Golf, and a Ticket to Ride- some of our favorite board games! Anyways, I played the "perfect wife" and made everyone Orange Chicken and Rice for dinner, organic Apple slices and even splurged on Chocolate Covered Pretzles... I know, I'm kind of a big deal. There might have been too much excitement though because Woodall got it planted into Sam's head that he needed to buy "EPIC DUELS"- a Star Wars board game that is no longer made and you have to spend a million dollars to get it on ebay... well, not that much, but SHEESH! Anyway, I'll finish that story later.
Saturday morning we decided we'd head down to watch the BYU vs. UTAH Basketball game in Provo- Sam was stoked! BYU won the game (whoo hoo!) and it was neck to neck the whole time. Of course Sam and I had fun belting our lungs out to the Cougars victory song every 15 minutes- it was good times!
Just when you thought our weekend couldn't get any more FUN, Saturday night we met up with Sam's favorite mission companion, (Elder) Winslow Burton and his wife Heidi. We ate at this DELICIOUS little Chinese grill called Charlie Chow's Dragon Grill in Salt Lake City! We always love finding new spots and this one was definitely a winner! It's kind of like a Mongolian grill style- where you put all of the fresh ingredients you want in a bowl with sauce and have the grill-meister cook it up for you- soooo good- I'd recommend it to anyone who wants a yummy, casual and fun place to eat (nicely designed atmosphere too). http://www.charliechows.com/index.htm

So, it was all about Sam last weekend- but it turned out to be just as much of a blast for me- maybe because I love him soooooooo much!
P.S.- Sam suprised me on Monday with his "by the way... I kind of bought EPIC DUELS on ebay today on my lunch break..." It looks like we'll be seeing a lot more of Daniel Woodall at our place- good times! Well, it's all good I guess, because now I can buy something for myself for the same amount of money he spent- I love how things always work out!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha--I do that with Adam, too! "Whatever you pay for ___, I get to spend on __." He gets better deals this way :)

heather and ronnie said...

I love it when things work out to. :) miss your guts.

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

You are one funny girl! I love that you were the perfect wife. I also totally agree with the even spending method!

Ashley Schill said...

Dev- you are the perfect wife! Looks like you guys had a way fun weekend. My brothers always play Settlers of Catan and love it. I haven't checked out the Zarahemla one. We miss the BYU games. My favorite part was always singing the Fight song. I love that you have a blog I can look at and feel updated on what's going on with you guys! love you!