Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, March 27, 2009

Our Ward is Cool.

We've really grown to love our ward (incase you don't know what a ward is- it's Mormon speak for a congregation). Sam is a Scout Leader and I'm a CTR teacher for the 7 year-olds. Infact, tomorrow my team teacher Amanda and I are throwing a party for our class because they've been so good and attentive in class! Anyway, besides loving our callings, we've also had some fun at different ward activities.
A lady in our ward is a retired drama Teacher. This darling lady decided to put together a Mystery Dinner Play for the adults in the ward. Sam was hesitant to attend because he was SUPPOSED to be in it and totally never showed up for rehearsals. Anyway, they made do and right before it started, Sam decided he'd like to go. I was glad because I really wanted to and I especially wanted that weekend to be all about ME because Sam had been sick with influenza B for like a whole WEEK (I think the "B" makes it sound much more professional- if a flu can be pofessional...)!

I didn't get a really good picture, but here's the back of someone's head and the stage! Honestly, I think Sam and I both expected the play to be really cheesy; however we were both pleasantly suprised when it turned out HILARIOUS! Seriously, it was so fun to see our friends in our ward in a totally different context. Especially Bonnie (the retired drama teacher) who I just thought was just a sweet lady that played the organ on Sunday... what an understatement! She's certainly sweet- but she's also hilarious and full of so much energy! She played a famous actress who had her precious ruby stolen on a movie set. I think my favorite part of her costume was her bright red feather boa. I don't think I'll ever look at her the same! Also, our friend Natalie proved to be quite the drama diva! She cracked us all up as she was playing the "woefull, wrongfully accused suspect" of the ruby thieving! All in all, it was a great night and it made us love and appreciate our ward even more!

Besides the mystery dinner play, the Primary Presidency held an "awards night" to share their appreciation with all of us Primary Teachers. The decorated the relief society room- yes, that's a red carpet (boy am I easy to please!) and presented us each with an award accompanied by our own "Golden Statue". Can't you tell I'm excited? The award just highlighted each of our strengths as a teacher:
As you can SEE- my award was for "Attention Getting" when I teach my class. Well, if you know me at all, you know I LOVE attention! I think the award was very fitting :)

Oh! And there's our ward Starlett- Natalie and her husband Mike recieving their awards! They're tons of fun and they have the cutest kids in the ward- hands DOWN! I have to admit though, the best part of the night was when the Primary Presidency showed us a tape they put together of the kids in our classes talking about why they liked their teachers. It was so cute to see the kids talk about all of us and made my little heart just MELT and want to give them all hugs when I saw them on Sunday! Man- they're so freakin' cute- it makes it all worth it!

Keep scrolling down for a post I added earlier today- I had to catch up and post a few!



4 comments:

Natalie said...

What a fun ward! We've grown to love ours here and are so sad to leave. I guess you really do find good people everywhere. I think the award is very fitting, I'm sure you're an amazing teacher and Scouts seems like it would be a perfect fit for Sam

Ashley Schill said...

So glad to hear you love your ward! We feel the same way about our ward here. It great to know that no matter where you go you can find wonderful friends and meet amazing people. I bet you are the BEST primary teacher. You are so much fun I'm sure the kids love you tons and your lessons!

Clarise and Ryan Pedersen said...

What a great idea! I just got called into the Primary Presidency so I will definitely keep this idea in mind!!

Allie Hite said...

DEVO!!!!! Where are you my little poopie? I miss you! Yes, I am going to say what everyone has already said...awesome ward! So...when are we going to hang out??