Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Dinkey Creek and SLO-town!

We went on vacation at the end of June to Dinkey Creek and then to San Luis for the 4th of July.  This is Dinkey Creek! My family has been going to this spot for family reunions for generations.  Since my mom was 15, her 11 brothers and sisters have been coming here with their parents and now they all bring their kids and grandkids too.  It was so fun to see all of my cousins, but since you don't know most of them, I'll just post pics of Sam and my nieces and nephews as well as my siblings and parents.
The famous Dinkey Creek! I took this picture from our camp.  There are usually natural rock water slides we go on, but this year they got so much snow that the slides were like white water rapids so we couldn't go. It's still beautiful to look at!
Me and my niece Courtney.  She's such a ham- I love her!

Since the rock-slides were too dangerous, we spent most of our free time at Shaver Lake.

Sam with niece and nephew Abigail & Austin ready to ride on the inner-tube
Guess who's driving? My nephew Konner (Brigham and Shandell's son) takes the wheel!
Abigail loving life!
We had the whole lake and the kids played a mud-hole, what could be more fun?!

My nephew Atticus found a new best friend, my beautiful cousin Rachel!

Back at the camp Atticus gets tickled till he squeals like a little pig! I wish I had this on video!

Sam had kitchen duty because he's so good at it!

Later, Sam and I went to the Sequoia's in McKinley Grove about 3 miles from camp

Sam is at the base of the trunk!

Love this place! Sam and I at McKinley Grove in 2010...

Sam and I at McKinley Grove in 2007! Right before we got engaged!

Amazing nephew Emerson and my Awesome step-Dad Dave. We always go to the hungry hut for shakes before we leave Shaver Lake.

Back to San Luis Obispo- my mom's garden gate.  Dave built the gate for her!

4th of July, waiting for the fireworks to start in Cayucous!

Fireworks off the pier!

Berries at Avila Barn the next day- Olallieberries are my favorite (mix between rasberry and blackberry)! We used to pick them every year growing up and my mom makes a mean cobbler out of them!

My mom found this Chicken she loved at the little market store at Avila Barn- she totally got it after weighing the pro's and cons.  She is cracking up here because she wasn't sure she needed it and I told her "Oh- Mom, of COURSE you need it!"

I fell in love with this little goat who jumped up on the stump just to get his picture taken by me. What a cutie!

Avila Beach- if you look close at the sign, you'll see there was a Shark advisory that day... this is the same place where a woman got bitten in half by a great white shark my Freshman year in College... It's the beach I've gone to my whole life- YIKES!

Sam and I snuck under the pier where you can take your boats out onto the ocean- cool shot, eh? The CFO from Patagonia saw me taking the picture and gave me her card and asked if I could send it to her.  Maybe I should have asked for free merchandise in return?

Aren't my parents adorable? My mom's jacket totally matches the tile...

That was our trip! I had SO many pictures, but my blog would be a mile long if I posted them all! We miss you already my lovely Central Coast!


8 comments:

Karla, A Cali Girl in Idaho! said...

Oh gosh Dev, that was a blast from the past! Your mom looks great and it's so nice you went and had alittle vaca with them. I miss the "barn" and all that great stuff. Makes my heart yearn. Love ya kiddo! :)

Bournes said...

DEV! I'm so jealous of your vaca!! I'm dying to get back to Cali for a nice vacation. Man I miss it!

Laura said...

What COOL pictures! You two look great! Glad you could have a little get-away. :)

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh, great pictures Devanie! I miss Dinkey Creek. Totally wish we could have gone this year. I have missed the last 2! Your Mom and Dave are so cute, and that's pretty crazy that her jacket matches the tile. Never get eaten by sharks Dev, ok?

Team Hansen said...

Hey Dev! I have you as a blog friend, in case you didn't know. Sorry to miss out on Dinkey Creek this year but it looks like a ton of fun! My dad and Samantha had a blast.

John and Misty said...

Cute pictures. Looks like you guys had a great trip. What a beautiful place to grow up!

Emily said...

What a fun trip!!! I need one of those right about... now.

Bournes said...

Okay I know I already commented on this trip...but I had to respond to your comment on my blog! I am SOOO glad you told the story of Dana and you instead of the story of me and you in our infant pool in my backyard. It made me laugh just thinking about it. Sorry again :)